Vermont Veterinary Medical Association Benefits of Membership
- Health Insurance Plan - VVMA member veterinarian practices, families and their employees are eligible to participate in a Group Health Insurance Plan sponsored by the Vermont Health Services Group and underwritten by Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Vermont.
- VVMA Meeting Registration Discounts - VVMA Members pay significantly less than non-members to attend VVMA CE Meetings. The VVMA provides 18 hours of CE at its Winter and Summer CE Programs. (The State Board of Veterinary Medicine requires veterinarians to complete 24 hours of CE in a two year period.)
- Legislative Issues Information - The VVMA plays an active role in the Vermont legislature to protect our interests and mission and better serve the needs of Vermont veterinarians, animals and animal owners. We communicate regularly with members about legislation and seek their input on issues of concern to the profession.
- VVMA Email Distribution List - Used by the VVMA and its members to disseminate timely and important information to the veterinary community.
- Join us on Facebook- The VVMA has a private page for members to discuss cases, network, etc. We also have a “like” page where we can share information with the community.
- VVMA Member Directory - VVMA Directory booklet listing veterinarians, practices, and other helpful information.
- VVMA Newsletter - The VVMA Newsletter is published 2 times a year and is sent to VVMA member veterinarians. Newsletter articles from members are most welcome.
- Free classified advertisements on our website.
- Website Listing - A listing in our "Locate a Vet" section of our website which is used by the public.
- Merchant Credit Card Program
- Discount on debt collection services
- Discount on tamper resistant prescription pads and paper
- Discount on advertising rates in our Member Directory and newsletter
- Membership in the New England Veterinary Medical Association - VVMA Members automatically become members of the New England Veterinary Medical Association. www.nevma.org
- VVMA Display Board for Public Events
- VVMA Note Cards and Envelopes - The front of the note cards features a painting of a rural Vermont scene depicting veterinarians surrounded by different species. The cards are blank on the inside and the VVMA logo is displayed on the back.
- LCD Projector Rental - VVMA member veterinarians are eligible to rent the LCD projector to give presentations etc.